The PTA, Parents and Teachers’ Association is a non-profit association in which parents of students and teachers from the two units of The British School, Rio de Janeiro, Barra Unit and Zona Sul Unit.
Our Mission is to strengthen the partnership between the school, the parents and the teachers, always looking for improvements in the daily life of our pupils. The PTA is the best communication channel between parents and school, being much more effective due to its representativeness.
What does the PTA do?
- Facilitates communication and enables better understanding between parents and school;
- Coordinates after school activities: we offer a range of activities after the normal school hours to further contribute to the development of our children;
- Organises the 2 main events of the school year: Festa Junina (celebration of a traditional Brazilian festivity) and International Festival (end-of-year celebration);
- Gives suggestions to improve daily life in school;
- Promotes charity campaigns, giving pupils, teachers, parents and all of our school staff the opportunity to help those less fortunate than ourselves;
- Welcomes new parents into our community;
- Supports the educational programme;
- Financially contributes to the school development, whenever possible.
PTA FUNDING REQUISITION FORM
The PTA is committed to support the school community to fund projects that are aligned with our mission and goals. Please complete the PTA Funding Request Form to initiate the approval process. Requests must be initiated by a student, parent, teacher or staff member and must complete all necessary information to be considered.
PTA Funding Request Form: http://goo.gl/forms/b4VuEosxS4