This committee supports our school’s Mission to be a Caring Community giving pupils, teachers, parents and all of our school staff the opportunity to help those less fortunate than ourselves. We encourage our children to participate actively and learn a little more about charity and social responsibility.
At the Barra unit we organize a weekly afternoon bake-sale where all funds go to the local institutions we support. We encourage children and their parents to participate together and bring home-baked items to school to sell at our stall on Wednesdays.
The objectives of the Community Service Committee at Barra for 2016 are:
- Improve the Bake Sale.
- Implement a Bake Sale on Fridays as part of a house competition.
- Develop the Group of Goodness.
- Continue with events for NGOs.
- Emphasize and communicate these campaigns throughout TBS.
- Organise charity event like e.g. on May 3, 2016 “Mom’s Lunch” in Azzurra Rio Design.
Head: Arlete Santos
Head: Mariana Albuquerque
Celpi - Costura e Lactário Pró-Infância is a non-profit, non-governmental organization that supports families from the Dona Marta Community, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro.